Do you ever just feel completely overwhelmed and simply want to start the day over? Or better yet, just go to bed and end the day?
We live in an “information overload” world. We seem to be bombarded every minute of every day with kids, sports, functions, appointments, husbands, errands, bosses and RESPONSIBILITES.
On top of our responsibilities we have texts, emails and SOCIAL MEDIA to keep up with.
How often do you end up running late to work or an appointment due to that “one last Facebook or Instagram check” or checking your phone as your running out the door because it chimed and you just HAVE to read it. Then you HAVE to respond to it.
Or you “planned” on going to the gym or doing that 30 minute workout after work, BUUUUT, life got in the way…again.
It may seem harmless but these distractions are keeping you from reaching your goals or reaching your goals in a timely manner.
Living this way is stressful. It puts our bodies into a constant state of ”fight or flight,” which leads to an increase in the stress hormone cortisol. Continually being flooded with this nasty cortisol can lead to increase appetite which leads to weight gain.
Distraction can also lead to a lack of sleep, which, studies show can makes it even more difficult to lose weight. How often do you skimp on sleep in an effort to catch up on Facebook, Instagram, or playing one more game of Candy Crush?
So what can we do to avoid these distractions that are destroying our actions?
1. PLAN out your day the night before OR first thing in the morning. Block off time for exercise and healthy eating. It’s an appointment. You can’t cancel!
2. Stop checking your social media and emails first thing in the morning. Instead, get your workout in or plan and PREP first.
3. Ban technology for a few hours per day. Especially during meal time.
4. Use technology to your advantage. Set your phone alarm to remind you it’s time to drink water, or get your workout in.
5. Learn to manage stress with a short walk in the fresh air, yoga (or simply take 5 minutes to stretch, breathe and relax.
If weight loss, health and fitness are important to you it’s best to minimize the distractions in your life as best as you can. It just might be the missing piece that’s holding you back from reaching your goals!
My goal is to encourage and motivate women of all ages to take care of their one and only body as best as they can through simple, guilt-free eating and exercising to keep our bodies strong and healthy.
Stay Motivated! PLUS get my bonus Guilt-Free Snack Ideas, Meal Plan Ideas and Fit Chicks UNITED Nutrition Guide! Click here